Saturday, November 1, 2008

THOUGHTS 11-01-08



****************************************************************

Thanks to neighbors and friends of my daughter, Jane Suraci, and her husband, Carl Suraci, for organizing a remembrance of them. As it gets close to the anniversary of the double murder I am thinking of them constantly and wondering who could be so heartless as to end their lives on earth so viciously. I am sure, though, that they are in heaven and that I will see them there some day. I just hope there are plenty of horses and dogs there! Jane and Carl loved them!
Joan Maurer

************************************************

I was diagnosed with cancer in Nov '06 and started treatment Jan '07.
Throughout the time I was undergoing treatments Carl called me ever week.
We would have hour long heart to heart conversations about everything.
I grievously miss the connection Carl and I had.
The love and support I received from him helped pull me through the worst time in my life.
I'm sure the emptiness I feel in my heart, when I think of Carl and Jane, I will feel forever.
But knowing they both provided that same unconditional support for so many people brings feelings of admiration and pride.
I am proud, honored and humbled to have had my brother Carl and his wife Jane in my life.

Thank you all for taking the time to honor the memory of two wonderful spirits, Carl and Jane Suraci.

Carl's brother,
Jim


*********************************************

Carl & Jane,

Your endearing spirit remains in our hearts! We miss you !! Our prayers and hope continues everyday in finding your perpetuator!

LOVE Pete, Maria, Shannon & April Maurer in Cinti OH


***********************************************

Dear friends & neighbors of Jane & Carl Suraci,

My name is Gregory Maurer. I am one of Jane Maurer Suraci's older brothers.
I am sorry that I am not there with you for this sad anniversary gathering. I greatly appreciate the fact that you are remembering Jane & Carl. They were really, really, really good people.

I last saw them at our Maurer family reunion in the summer of 2007. They were happy, very vibrant, and happy to be at the big reunion party. They had big plans for the future.

It's a bit ironic, and very sad, but Jane and I liked to sing together, and on the last morning of the family reunion we sang "I'll Be Seeing You" for those family members still in attendance.

The Suraci and Maurer families laid Jane & Carl to rest in a large and lovely cemetery here in Northern Virginia, just south of Washington DC. It was a bitterly cold and windy day, last November, 2007. Combine the sadness and the cold wind, and you can imagine the tears that were flowing.I hope that Jane & Carl's murderers are identified some day; but, it will not bring these two wonderful family members back to life.

Thank you ALL for befriending my sister and her husband. I hope that their killers are found, for your sakes. I know that ninety nine point nine percent of those in Arizona are good people, and that you should not have to live with the lawlessness in Maricopa County, and particularly Aguila, that I have been reading about .

By the way, you folks need to throw that bum sheriff of yours out of office NOW.

We do not have the lawlessness that you have seen, here in Northern Virginia. Nothing like that would ever be tolerated here. In our county, by now the crime would have been solved, I am almost certain.

Rest in peace Carl & Jane - I'll see you when I get there,

Gregory

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gregory. I am truly sorry for your terrible loss. I did not know Carl & Jane, but I live in Aguila also, and am reminded of that tragic day every time I take a trip to the store (the reward poster still hangs on the wall).
Unfortunately, I don't believe they are any closer to solving that awful crime than they are in solving the robbery at the Market during the same time. Nothing.
I certainly hope that this is never swept under the rug, and that their files never close at the MCSO until an arrest is made.
God be with you Gregory.
Resident of Aguila, Arizona

July 25, 2009 at 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home